Default File Format/Settings

Started by Techno.Jon, July 29, 2012, 01:23:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno.Jon

Hello all,
(LOL, 2nd question in like an hour)  I've had this problem for a while, but never thought to ask: is it possible to change the default module settings?  I could never figure it out.  I would like the settings to be MPTM with 1.17 mix levels, but the default is always IT with "Compatible" mix levels.  How can I change this?
"It's all fun and games until someone creates a thermonuclear toaster."

jmkz

You can save your custom module preset saving as template. (File>>Save As Template)

LPChip

And then you have to do open template to make a new song using that template.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

IT and XM files should never use other mix levels than "compatible". 1.17 RC3 will distort the panning spectrum and thus your IT files will sound different when playing in other applications. If you don't care about this, I'd rather suggest to use the MPTM format. You can force OpenMPT to start new projects as MPTM files using a hidden setting.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.