[Orchestral] Crockett's Theme (mp3) (remix)

Started by Oliwerko, June 28, 2012, 19:45:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliwerko

This is a remix of the famous Crockett's Theme made by Jan Hammer for Miami Vice in 1985. As one of my all-time favorites, wanting to try out a new sample library, I chose this song for an orchestral remix mainly because I know it, and also because I was curious how it would sound in an acoustic version.

It turned out quite well, it was fun doing the substitution of synths with orchestral instruments, and I had quite a good time composing this. (The hell I did, the exams were over! :P)

June 28, 2012

http://soundcloud.com/oliver-meres/crocketts-theme
I am not afraid of death.
I am afraid of murder.

Saga Musix

Interesting remix, but drowning in reverb. The beginning is rather dark, but with the glockenspiel the mood lightens up. I found the instrument that plays through from the beginning (is it a sequence of repeated crashes? Sounds weird) rather distracting, though. Rest is ok.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Pizearke

I'd have to agree. A lot of good stuff in there, but you need to turn the dry volume up and the room size down a bit, especially on those shakers and  the rhythm section in general.

But other than that it sounds great, I might have even confused it with an actual orchestra.

But in a really acoustically active room.

Oliwerko

The instrument that plays from the beginning is indeed a repeated crash. I didn't find it that distracting...maybe I need to return to this in a few days/weeks.

These are actually dry samples. I've used no reverb on them at all.
I am not afraid of death.
I am afraid of murder.