any way to make a long sample sync up with the speed (tempo) of the module

Started by moltres_rider, July 12, 2012, 10:05:50

Previous topic - Next topic

moltres_rider

I hope I can explain what I am trying to accomplish...

I have a three minute sample I want to import into OpenMPT and have it play sort of in the background, but I want the speed of the sample to play in sync with the speed of the whole module so it sounds like it is part of the song rather than two songs playing at the same time, in other words, I would like to adjust the speed of the three minute sample to match the tempo or speed of the rest of the module...

Hope I was clear enough...

Rakib

^^

moltres_rider

that link does NOT say how to do a tempo lock! it just tells about it! how do I do a tempo lock???

Saga Musix

Quote from: moltres_rider on July 12, 2012, 11:31:56
that link does NOT say how to do a tempo lock! it just tells about it! how do I do a tempo lock???
... seriously? This is an excerpt of the OpenMPT manual, and the text, as the heading suggests, explains what the "Pitch/Tempo lock" field in the instrument tab does. You first find out the real BPM of your sample (I guess Rakib wanted to post a link to a software that can do this, but you surely can find such a software using your favourite search engine), and then enter this BPM count into the Pitch/Tempo lock field in the instrument editor. This field is only available in the MPTM format.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

Jojo said it, looks like I forgot to post a link to a random software that finds your tempo, there are many programs that do the trick.
^^

moltres_rider

Quote from: Saga Musix on July 12, 2012, 12:29:04
Quote from: moltres_rider on July 12, 2012, 11:31:56
... seriously? This is an excerpt of the OpenMPT manual, and the text, as the heading suggests, explains what the "Pitch/Tempo lock" field in the instrument tab does. You first find out the real BPM of your sample (I guess Rakib wanted to post a link to a software that can do this, but you surely can find such a software using your favourite search engine), and then enter this BPM count into the Pitch/Tempo lock field in the instrument editor. This field is only available in the MPTM format.

what is MPTM format??? is that the .it file extension???

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.