How do other people see our Mexico's elections?

Started by jmkz, July 04, 2012, 13:58:40

Previous topic - Next topic

jmkz

Past July 1, became the federal and local elections. There is a lot of news of this event at Mexico, but it is hard to find how people see our elections internationally. So, anyone that want to, please say some words of how seen at your countries. I am requesting to know the spreading of this event. For example: Yesterday the Washintong Post have reported this. Thanks to all in advance.

Regards,

KrazyKatz

Truth is I didn't even know that there were elections. However looking at that article reminds me of a few things.
Every elections is about buying the public. Mostly through charisma and appeal, less through money.Giving the public cash is a bad idea because it doesn't buy votes and could very easily backfire. There is a book called Freakonomics that statistically points out that money makes very little difference in campaigning. It's about the image of the individual, which is why it's standard procedure to trash the character of your opponent.
Most people have no idea what they are voting for and just choose the person with the most charisma who makes his lies the most pleasant to swallow.
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

psishock

undifferent.

People care less and less about politics in most of the countries that i know, for good reasons. You should do the same. Its all BS there buddy. Whenever is larger amount of monetary and human control power involved, the more the corruption level skyrockets.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

rncekel

We have heard about it here, in Spain, but not too much; our own political and economic problems cope almost all of the news. For example, in the digital newspaper I usually read, today the first new related with Mexican elections was in the 13th place, after the return of a stolen XII century manuscript from a cathedral. And it was only about the #Yosoy132 movement.
We live in a very connected world, where what happens anywhere affects all the rest of the planet, but, curiously, we tend to ignore all about the non inmediate neighbourghood.

LPChip

I haven't seen anything about this, but then again, I'm not even interested in our own politics. I hear it with my left ear, and it goes out my right as quickly.

Politics is just a way to scare and control people. Then again, its more likely that we'll hear about EU politics than USA politics anyway.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Quote from: LPChip on July 05, 2012, 10:11:43
Then again, its more likely that we'll hear about EU politics than USA politics anyway.
That's where the indifference starts, Mexico is not part of the USA! ;D

Being indifferent about politics won't make them better. On the contrary, you will just confirm that the politicians are doing their job correctly and no change will happen at all.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

jmkz

Harbinger

I'm rather politically astute, but i must admit even i didn't know. (I vaguely remember a scant report on the TV news, which i hardly turn on anyway.)

All i know is, hopefully Mexico elects a no-nonsense leader who'll be able to work with Romney in 2013. I live in Florida and illegal immigration is always a hot topic, and with jobs so few and far between, i want these scant jobs to go to legal citizens.

Hmmm...let's see if that rattles the beehive... ::)