Are there any good and understandable beginner tutorials for OpenMPT?

Started by shoyrumaster11, July 10, 2012, 10:43:29

Previous topic - Next topic

shoyrumaster11

Hello. This is me, shoyrumaster11 and i'm quite a noob at OpenMPT. Believe me, my music is terrible at the moment. And i already have plenty of soundfont's (in .sf2 format) and know a little bit about how realtime music making software works, but every tutorial I've found online has either been a little kid (on YouTube) or just too hard for me to understand and remember. So if you can find a good beginner tutorial somewhere online or can help me learn OpenMPT. Share the link you've found online or, e-mail me a .PDF document of how to use OpenMPT for beginners that is easily understood for my level. Which is noob.

This is my e-mail: cosmokey64@live.com.au

Just reply to this post if you have a link you've found online!
Shoyrumaster11 Homebrew Gaming

Official website: http://shoyrumastergames.weebly.com/

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

shoyrumaster11

Quote from: Saga Musix on July 10, 2012, 10:49:05
This tutorial can even be found in the OpenMPT manual! http://wiki.openmpt.org/Tutorial:_Getting_Started

Thanks for posting the link. I will give the tutorial a try and i will return to the forums if i believe that i need more help

Saga Musix

How you didn't know about this tutorial is beyond me, though.
- It is included in OpenMPT's manual
- It is linked on the website
- It is linked on this forum
- It should be one of the very first hits on Google when searching for "OpenMPT Tutorial"

I don't think we have any other beginner tutorials on the forums, so everything beyond that would require us to use a search engine - you can do that yourself (and post the results here if you find something useful, so that other people can quickly find it as well).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

And if you have OpenMPT open, and you go to the help, you get linked to the OpenMPT's manual even. (which is accessible also if you check the .pdf directly from the install directory)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

shoyrumaster11

Quote from: Saga Musix on July 11, 2012, 00:58:32
How you didn't know about this tutorial is beyond me, though.
- It is included in OpenMPT's manual
- It is linked on the website
- It is linked on this forum
- It should be one of the very first hits on Google when searching for "OpenMPT Tutorial"

I don't think we have any other beginner tutorials on the forums, so everything beyond that would require us to use a search engine - you can do that yourself (and post the results here if you find something useful, so that other people can quickly find it as well).

I did just say i'm pretty new to the software, didn't I? Anyway, i'll use the online tutorial that you suggested to me the first time. As i learn how to code realtime music after my first tutorials, i'll upload my music onto my website and on the OpenMPT forums as well!

Saga Musix

Quote from: shoyrumaster11 on July 14, 2012, 06:25:50
I did just say i'm pretty new to the software, didn't I?
Yeah I just mean that I assumed that the tutorial would be prominent - i.e. you should be able to stumble upon by accident rather easily. If that is not the case, maybe we have to change something. Where would you have expected to find the tutorial? You surely must have looked somewhere for a tutorial before posing this question.