Jetpack 2 Kickstarter project

Started by Saga Musix, June 30, 2012, 23:17:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Many of you might still remember one of the most awesome games of the 90s called Jetpack. A great DOS game that was something between Lode Runner, Jumpman and Boulder Dash. Jetpack 2 has first been announced to be released in the year 2000, but nothing happened. Then, some years ago, the original creator finally decided to revive Jetpack and is finally working on a sequel. Once I have heard about the plans, I quickly volunteered to write some music for it in the good old MOD format, and other people joined the call for artists. The project has been delayed again and again, but now the creator is closer than ever to finishing Jetpack 2. Inspired by all the successful game financing projects in the past few months, he's set up a kickstarter project where you can help making Jetpack 2 reality.

TL;DR: Help funding an awesome platformer game with music by coda, me and some other sceners: Jetpack 2 Kickstarter project.
Playable previews of the game are available at Jetpack HQ.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

This is awesome. I really do remember Jetpack. One of the main things I liked was the adlib audio (forgot the name... opl?) which was typical for those games.

Can't wait to see this done.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Yep, Jetpack hat some OPL sounds as well as PCM samples. Some of the new sounds in Jetpack 2 have also been created by me.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

one minute silence and a shred of tear for our beloved Jojo, the username will live on in our deepest memory.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Louigi Verona

GL with that! Haven't played the original game, but I love people making games which work on Linux )))

Am I right in understanding that it is planned to be a browser game? Or is it simply a Java game?

Saga Musix

Quote from: psishock on July 01, 2012, 17:58:55
one minute silence and a shred of tear for our beloved Jojo, the username will live on in our deepest memory.
'twas about time.

Quote from: Louigi Verona on July 02, 2012, 04:47:32
Am I right in understanding that it is planned to be a browser game? Or is it simply a Java game?

Currently the game is written in ActionScript, so it can be played in the browser as a flash game or be run from an executable (at least that's the plan). The author thinks about porting it to Haxe (to generate native code), though.