OpenMPT 1.20 releases

Started by Saga Musix, May 02, 2012, 13:02:31

Previous topic - Next topic

.^o

suppression of pattern multiple selection ?
I found nothing about this in releases notes ...

Saga Musix

Quote from: .^o on May 22, 2012, 16:17:33
suppression of pattern multiple selection ?
I found nothing about this in releases notes ...
No? Please elaborate on the problem you're having, I don't see any trouble with selecting multiple patterns here.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

I think that I changed the hard-coded Shift shortcut to the normal "Selection" shortcut that you can find in the keyboard settings, though. So if your select shortcut (which is also used for pattern selections) is *not* shift, you will have to change this shortcut or get used to using that shortcut for order selections as well.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

.^o

.^o

impossible to check "pitch / tempo lock" in the "instrument" tab.

... ?

Saga Musix

Use the MPTM format for OpenMPT-exclusive features. They are not available in other formats.
I hope this FAQ entry answers this kind of question once and forever.

Harbinger

Quote[New]  It is now possible to record incoming MIDI aftertouch messages to patterns using volume commands or MIDI Macros.
I don't have a controller so i can't test this, but which commands are entered? Note FX commands (third-column vxx), Channel FX commands (Vxx), or does it depend on the module type? When entered as MIDI macros, is simply Zxx entered and the user is reponsible for setting up the correct SFx asssignment?

Saga Musix

When recording aftertouch as volume, vxx is used whenenver possible, otherwise Cxx is used. Vxx is global volume, so of course it is not used. When recording aftertouch as a MIDI macro, \xx is used wheneve rpossible, otherwise Zxx is used. There is no automatic SFx assignment done, because it is not possible to associate aftertouch commands with plugin parameters or anything. It works exactly like recording MIDI CCs.

Harbinger

LPChip

Ah, yeah... the aftertouch. I helped Jojo test this one using my Continuum Fingerboard. :)

Its great that I can now use my CF as a midi device in OpenMPT, multi-channel even! :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Yeah, damn, totally makes me want to get a MIDI device with poly aftertouch *lol* - most of them are pretty damn expensive, though, and there aren't many of them either.

.^o

crash when "remove unused samples / instruments."
not in 1.20.00.45

Saga Musix

I use that function a lot and it certainly doesn't happen here. Do you have an example module with which the crash appears?
OpenMPT rescues modified tracks to the temporary folder when a crash is encountered; maybe one of those would be suitable.

.^o

I'll try to explain it : 
to start my projects, I used large modules with lots of samples (xxx Mo), in which I after cut new modules, then  save and clean. it happened several times on the first large modules, not on the small others.
1.20.01.00 version only, no problems with previous versions.
it looks like "Windows" crashes. no crash report or file,  it crashed before.
i use only portable versions of OpenMPT (on several drives) without autosave (i always work on copies).
[in this case: intel dual core, 2 GO ram, win vista 1]

édit:
this crash-notify.dmp file will help ?

Saga Musix

Try if the latest test version at http://sagagames.de/stuff/mptrack.exe helps. Your problem could be realted to this bug, which has been fixed in the meantime.