Octave change key does not stop note on key up

Started by corlenbelspar, April 20, 2012, 08:00:04

Previous topic - Next topic

corlenbelspar

I would've searched for this question on the forum before asking, but I don't know the name of the technique.

When I used OpenMPT back when it was Modplug Tracker, I could press one of the number keys on my keyboard to transpose the note and it would only play the note while I held the key down.  Now with OpenMPT the note plays forever until I press the stop or pause button.  How do I get it to only play the note while I hold one of the number keys down?

Edit by mod: Clarified topic title

Saga Musix

- Have you enabled "Fade notes on key up" in the general options?
- Is the instrument's fade-out value set to 0?
- If you are working with the XM, this might be related to a bug that is fixed in OpenMPT 1.20 but still present in OpenMPT 1.19
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

corlenbelspar

Yeah I have note fade on key up enabled, none of the instruments' fade values are set to 0 and I'm working with an IT file.

Saga Musix

Hmm you're right, changing the octave doesn't stop the sound on key up. I guess this should be changed.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

corlenbelspar

Cool, I look forward to this fix in the next version.  :)

Saga Musix