no option for me to post in 'feature request' forum

Started by justinrpg, April 12, 2012, 21:27:47

Previous topic - Next topic

justinrpg

I have a feature I want to request in the feature request forum BUT I HAVE NO OPTION TO POST THERE!!!!!!!!!! what is wrong and why are a lot of people posting in there and all of them are recent BUT I HAVE NO OPTION TO DO SO!!!!!! THE ONLY OPTION I HAVE IN THAT FORUM IS "MARK READ"!!!!!!!!!!!

LPChip

Thats because no one can post in there anymore. We now have an Issue Tracker where you can post your request. (see a link at the top of the forum)

Also Writing in CAPS (aka shouting) really doesn't help. If it weren't for the fact that I'm a nice person, I certainly would've ignored your post.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

justinrpg

I am really angry with all forums, I have been getting garbage responses everywhere for days now!!! that is why I type all caps!!!

justinrpg

your issue tracker says to post in the forums for a feature request!!!!!! there is no option to request a feature on issue tracker that I can find!!!!!!!!!!

Saga Musix

QuoteI am really angry with all forums, I have been getting garbage responses everywhere for days now!!! that is why I type all caps!!!
Sigh... Think about it again, and think if SHOUTING helps you with getting better responses. Would you help me on the street if I was yelling at you like mad?

Quoteyour issue tracker says to post in the forums for a feature request!!!!!
No, it says:
QuoteLast but not least, you may also post on our forums if you have any questions concerning OpenMPT, or if you feel that a feature request might require some furthe discussion.
Are you sure you know what "may" means?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Quote from: justinrpg on April 12, 2012, 21:36:48
your issue tracker says to post in the forums for a feature request!!!!!! there is no option to request a feature on issue tracker that I can find!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry to say this, but I dunno where you're looking. When I go to the issue tracker, it says this:

Welcome to the OpenMPT Issue Tracker.

Here, you can report bugs you have found in OpenMPT or suggest new features.

When I click on report issue, the first item in the drop down box says: [All Projects] Feature requests.

But then again, it seems to me that you're having a bad day and just need to complain somewhere.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

justinrpg

I don't have a 'report issue' option or drop down list ANYWHERE on the page at my end!

LPChip

Quote from: justinrpg on April 13, 2012, 20:37:07
I don't have a 'report issue' option or drop down list ANYWHERE on the page at my end!

Have you logged in first?

justinrpg

Rakib

It is a bug tracker, very commonly used in most developer environments. And you need to make a new user.

http://bugs.openmpt.org
^^