convert an actual sample to higher note?

Started by justinrpg, April 13, 2012, 20:40:32

Previous topic - Next topic

justinrpg

is it possible to convert a sample to a higher note??? for example, I want the sample to sound like it is C6 when I hit the C5 key (a)... I want to save the sample to a wav file that way... can it be done???

LPChip

From whitin modplug you cannot convert the sample, but you can (and this is even better) change the playback speed, which does the same without loosing any quality.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Double the C-5 frequency, i.e. if it is 44100 Hz, set it to 88200 Hz. Or at least it sounds like you want that, once again your question is very fuzzy and it's hard to understand what you actually want to achieve.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

justinrpg

I don't understand how you cannot understand simple English!!! also, do you know nothing about Modplug??? C6 is a higher note that C5 right??? I want C5 to sound like C6 and save the wav file under the new C6 sound using "Save Sample"... can you understand that??? or do I need to bring out all caps again???

Rakib

Jojo gave you the answer, and he is the current main developer of Modplug tracker, the wiki, and responsible for most of the resources online about modplug tracker/OpenMPT, so yes he knows what he is talking about. Going caps will only get you banned.
^^

justinrpg

I don't have an option to change frequency in ModPlug!!!

Rakib

^^

justinrpg

that box is NOT there at my end!!!

Rakib

^^

Saga Musix

Quote from: justinrpg on April 13, 2012, 23:50:07I don't understand how you cannot understand simple English!!!
There are several things you could mean:
- You want to change the pitch from C-5 to C-6, without length compensation (that is what you are being told to do here)
- You want to change the pitch from C-5 to C-6, but want to retain the sample length. That would be called "pitch shifting" and can be done using the right box in the sample editor. The same can be done by transposing the same from C-5 to C-6 and then using time stretch instead of pitch shift.

Quoteor do I need to bring out all caps again???
Please do so, it would make banning you much simpler... ::)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

justinrpg

Quote from: Rakib on April 14, 2012, 12:08:45
Use transpose, G3 to G2.

Thank You, what was so hard about telling me that??? you had to play mind games instead!!!

Saga Musix

Stop making accusations and insults. We could neither assume that you are using the MOD or XM format (in which the edit box shown in Rakib's screenshot isn't available), nor that you want to do simple resampling instead of pitch-shifting (as described in my previous post). Be more specific next time, provide details about the file you are working with (e.g. the format you are using), and everything will be much simpler. I kind of understand why "all forums haven't be helpful to you lately".

Rakib

Quote from: justinrpg on April 14, 2012, 21:15:58
Quote from: Rakib on April 14, 2012, 12:08:45
Use transpose, G3 to G2.

Thank You, what was so hard about telling me that??? you had to play mind games instead!!!
You were the one to play mind game, not giving the proper explanation on what you were doing or wanted.
^^