Weird Keyboards

Started by Really Weird Person, April 05, 2006, 05:02:55

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Quote from: "Really Weird Person"What do you mean by an application switch button? Do you mean it is an Alt Tab without using Alt Tab?

When you press the button, you get a little window with all the applications, so you can select the application from that list with your mouse. Its the same as clicking the application from the taskbar, except that you don't have to move all the way down.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

DavidN

That's a pretty hefty mouse. I once tried a five-button one and kept pressing things accidentally, so they're not really for me.

LPChip

Quote from: "Wong"That's a pretty hefty mouse. I once tried a five-button one and kept pressing things accidentally, so they're not really for me.

There are loads of different forms in mouses. I have had bad experiences with other mouses concerning your issue. This one is pretty descent though...

I also had the mx1000 which has the application switch in the thumb controls. I think it was better cus you don't accidentally press it. Occasionally i press the button when stretching my fingers while lying on the mouse :P

But if its so much of a trouble, i can deactivate the button very easilly.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Waxhead

Quote from: "Really Weird Person"What does Control Pause/Break do?
As LPChip wrote It breaks (stops) a console program in most cases ;)
Quote from: "Really Weird Person"
What programs do you use it in?
Mostly my own...
Where would you find a 5-button mouse?
My mouse: http://www.a4tech.com/en/product2.asp?CID=1&SCID=8&MNO=WOP-35

What kind of buttons does it have?
Genuine plastic buttons ligthly coated with the finest skin from my fingers ;)

Let's see here...
No let's se there instead :P

It probably has right & left click buttons, a vertical wheel, a horizontal
wheel, & a programmable button.

Left, Right, HWheel, VWheel (clickable) and a button on each side

Really Weird Person

Your horizontal wheel is not clickable, huh? That's weird, odd, wodd, odd, weird. Where did you find your mouse? I have tried to find a dual wheel mouse (like the 1 you mentioned), but I have never had success. Did you get it @ Wal*Mart ?? My dad & I went to the BX (& many other places) on my birthday (February 26th). That is where we found the keyboard.

qbg

Quote from: "LPChip"
Quote from: "fisk0"
By the way, SHIFT-DELETE=cut and SHIFT-INSERT=paste.
But I guess Ctrl+C,X,V is easier :)

Don't forget CTRL-INSERT = Copy :)
So what do you think of the CUA?
I hope to gain some ModPlug Tracker skills someday...

Really Weird Person

What is CUA? I do not remember or recognize that.

LPChip

Quote from: "Really Weird Person"What is CUA? I do not remember or recognize that.

Common User Architecture (thats what the page says when you click on it) is being explained on that page too :P

I'd say, click it? :P

DavidN

You know what I can't stand? Emacs. It has the most insane keyboard shortcuts of any program I've ever used - Ctrl+Y to copy, Windows+W to paste, Ctrl+X 2 Backspace to open a new file... (NB. May be slightly exaggerated)

Really Weird Person

Those do sound like weird shortcuts. You know what's also weird? LPChip's joining date! The site says that LPChip joined on New Year's day of 1970! That's weird!

DavidN

I remember we had a discussion about that in another topic... as far as Unix is concerned it's the beginning of the universe.

qbg

Quote from: "Wong"You know what I can't stand? Emacs. It has the most insane keyboard shortcuts of any program I've ever used - Ctrl+Y to copy, Windows+W to paste, Ctrl+X 2 Backspace to open a new file... (NB. May be slightly exaggerated)
Wouldn't C-x C-f be better to open a new file :D
C-y would be yanking (pasting), not copying, which would be M-w...

You can remap many things in Emacs because it is so flexible...

Emacs also goes back a LONG way.  Come on, the holy war against vi has been going on for around 20 years...

Oh, and about unix time, the world will end in 2038 unless we swich to 64 bit time_t by then...

fisk0

Quote from: "qbg"
Oh, and about unix time, the world will end in 2038 unless we swich to 64 bit time_t by then...

Well, 2038 is a lot more optimistic than most.
I mean, we had that funny y2k thing in which the world would end in the year 2000. And then the Aztecs (or Mayans or something) chose that the end of time is in 2012. :)

Really Weird Person

On my keyboard, End = Function + the right arrow, not the End key (my keyboard does not have an "End key", it has an End function instead (The same is true for Home (Function + the left arrow), Page Up (Function + the up arrow), Page Down (Function + the down arrow), Insert (Function + Delete), & Print Screen (Function + F12)). My keyboard also does not have a Scroll Lock key or function, nor does it have a Num Lock key (or a num pad).

qbg

Quote from: "fisk0"
Quote from: "qbg"

Well, 2038 is a lot more optimistic than most.
I mean, we had that funny y2k thing in which the world would end in the year 2000. And then the Aztecs (or Mayans or something) chose that the end of time is in 2012. :)
If we do go to 64 bit time_t, then 292,277,026,596 is the end of the world  :lol: