Sequence Loop Counter

Started by Really Weird Person, April 01, 2012, 03:29:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Really Weird Person

I posted a feature for a sequence loop counter in the issue tracker section and have not seen any responses to it in a while. Just out of curiosity, is the feature still being considered since its status is still open in the issue tracker and I have not seen any implementation of it yet.

LPChip

If the request is still open, it hasn't been turned down yet. But it can take a while before any feature request is being added. Stability is our first concern, so bug fixes get in first. Then we have a lot of feature requests that are much older that haven't been implemented yet either, but that doesn't mean they never will.

Be patient, and some day, it might be implemented.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Why do you even ask here? Do you think we will ignore requests on the issue tracker but not on the forum?!
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Really Weird Person

In regard to LPChip's post: That makes logical sense. Making the program stable is indeed quite important. And, indeed, I did see that there are many other feature requests as well.
In regard to Jojo's post: I posted it on the forum because of the description of the Help and Questions section and I wasn't sure if there would be a response, since, as I mentioned in the initial post, there hadn't been any responses in a while.
If I annoyed you, Jojo, I am sorry and I hope that you will forgive me. That was not my intention. I just thought it was, perhaps, a little bit odd that I hadn't seen anything new in the issue tracker regarding that feature, but LPChip's point is well stated. You and Reabsoluness are quite busy working on the stability of the program and removing bugs, so it makes sense that there would be no more communication regarding the loop counter in that vain. Just out of curiosity, have you ever considered being on the development team again, LPChip (as I think that you were before, is that correct?)?

LPChip

Quote from: Really Weird Person on April 02, 2012, 01:36:18
Just out of curiosity, have you ever considered being on the development team again, LPChip (as I think that you were before, is that correct?)?
I haven't been before, and I most likely won't be. I just can't program C++. I'm a php developer, not a C++ developer. And I'm a mucisian.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Quote from: Really Weird Person on April 02, 2012, 01:36:18I wasn't sure if there would be a response, since, as I mentioned in the initial post, there hadn't been any responses in a while.
That's what adding a note on the Issue Tracker is for. If you distribute your feature requests over the forum, issue tracker and whatnot, you will just make sure that people absolutely can't keep track of them anymore.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Really Weird Person

Quote from: LPChipI'm a php developer, not a C++ developer.
Web languages are quite diverse, but I don't know if they are quite as diverse as standalone application languages (i.e., I don't know that you would be able to make a music tracker in PHP).