where can I get some rap modules and some dub-step modules

Started by justinrpg, March 28, 2012, 14:13:50

Previous topic - Next topic

justinrpg

where can I get some rap music modules and/or some dub-step modules??? the ModArchive doesn't have any of those two and that is the only module site I have EVER found!!!

Saga Musix

I don't think there are too many rap modules, at least with original lyrics. One with sampled lyrics I could think of is this. Luckily, most people spare us with their vocal "talents" so there really aren't many mods with vocals or rap. Dubstep is also a relatively new phenomenon and it's hard to do with a classic tracker (the only classic wide-spread tracker with a resonant filter is Impulse Tracker, so doing the typical wobwobwob sounds with other trackers is highly impractical, or at least requries large samples). I know that some people have used small portions of wobwobwob in their breakbeat tunes (for example h0ffman) lately and dubstep has been tried in some one hours compos, but it's nothing memorable in most cases.

Quoteand that is the only module site I have EVER found
With that emphasis on "EVER", you really haven't searched very hard, have you? Come on, even our links section links a few of them, and there's also the hard-to-miss ModLand, which is even bigger than ModArchive, but less searchable (there are no genre tags for example).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

You can ask user kit beats if he wants to release some of his songs as modules. He is one here posting most hip hop song in the Free Music Downloads section.
^^

justinrpg

Quote from: Jojo on March 28, 2012, 14:35:12

Quoteand that is the only module site I have EVER found
With that emphasis on "EVER", you really haven't searched very hard, have you? Come on, even our links section links a few of them, and there's also the hard-to-miss ModLand, which is even bigger than ModArchive, but less searchable (there are no genre tags for example).

The ModArchive is the only module site returned on the Google search "tracker modules"

and what I mean by rap is instrumental rap

Saga Musix

How about "module music", "module music collection", etc... - You can't really expect to get what you want with one search term.

Quoteand what I mean by rap is instrumental rap
Rap without the rap part is... not rap music anymore? Do you probably mean hip-hop? Something like this?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.