Funny chat, sort of...

Started by LPChip, February 21, 2012, 09:21:50

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Someone thought it would be fun to contact me through gmail chat. I got an invite twice. First time, I cancelled it, a second time, I got curious even if its just by the name.

Since I have had a previous encounter with someone who claimed to be a girl (was a real girl, I know that much) but was more interested in my money, I know what signs to look for. I decided to see what happened, just for the sake of having a bit of fun. This is the chat: (I comment my thoughts in bold between the chat)

First message I got after accept the chat. So I respond.
sexixtrishxo2:  hey there
ik:  Hi
sexixtrishxo2:  well hello.... 25/f here just sittin around bored as usualll
there's never anyone on here anymore so i just figured i'd pm u and see if u wanted to talk....ya busy???
Verzonden om 09:07 op dinsdag
ik:  am currently at work, so I might respond later

got no reaction here, which is odd for someone who's bored and wants to talk...

Verzonden om 09:11 op dinsdag
ik:  are you still there?
sexixtrishxo2:  i always like talking to new people it used to be a lot easier but anyways whatcha up to???
ik:  working ^^ how about you? what are you currently doing?

and again, no reaction here

Verzonden om 09:56 op dinsdag
ik:  I see! How interesting is that!
sexixtrishxo2:  oh nice i'm sooooo bored!!!!!!! lols
i was thinking about getting on my cam for a lil bit wanna cum watch??

this seemed to have triggered some routine, as "she" started to talk to me.

ik:  sorry? am at work...
sexixtrishxo2:  yayyy!!! i joined this epic site a while back that's kinda like an 'adult" f-book it's so much fun!!!!!
you do have to sign up but it's only to keep out the younger kiddies so we can have sum actual Fun ;-)

This response is weird, seems like an automated message

ik:  I'm sorry, but I'm currently not interested in that
sexixtrishxo2:  its really simple aand it's like our own private chat room where u can tell me what to do ;)
ok here hyperlink removed for obvious reasons ya just click that "join FREE" on the top of my profile there... see it???
ik:  what part if: I'm at work, did you not get? I really can't do this at work, or risk getting fired...
sexixtrishxo2:  great u just make ure name and then u can cum join and that's it
ik:  even if it would remain civilised, I just can't be chatting that much

Now watch the following responses. "she's" clearly not reading what I'm typing. In fact its like "she's" anticipating a certain response from me and reacting on that, which I'm not.

sexixtrishxo2:  yeah the card does NOT get charged a single penny... it actually says it right there on the page too

I decide to test "her"

ik:  are you a bot?
sexixtrishxo2:  lol no i'm not a bot silly

Good programming! I decide to test my theory a bit more. Keep an eye on her responses, they keep following the same pattern.

ik:  you really do look like one though...
sexixtrishxo2:  if you have any trouble let me know and i'll try nd help u through it but hurrry up tho i'm gettin lonely waiting for you
ik:  Are you sure you aren't one?
sexixtrishxo2:  you in yet hun?? when u get ure name just go back to my page so we can get started!!!!!

I am really at work, so I decided that I have had enough fun.

ik:  thanks for the confirmation. good bye.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

KrazyKatz

Next, check to see if your SPAM increases now that they know your address.
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

LPChip

Quote from: KrazyKatz on February 21, 2012, 12:57:35
Next, check to see if your SPAM increases now that they know your address.
Dunno... Gmail does a good job with its spam protection. And otherwise, I know how to effectively counteract it.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Old story... it always follows the same pattern... bot tries to match a few patterns and suggests you to click some URLs. Sometimes they also break into other people's IM accounts. Quite funny if you don't realize that and suddenly the person you have been knowing for years pretends to be a lonely girl. :P
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.