sounds vst goes softer

Started by Modplugger, February 13, 2012, 17:13:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Modplugger

hello guys,

i have OpenMPT 1.19.04.00

When i listen to some of my music with my headphone.

some of the instruments /sample get softer.
when i solo the instrument/sample it plays normal.

Can somebody help me out ....

Saga Musix

Quote from: Modplugger on February 13, 2012, 17:13:29
When i listen to some of my music with my headphone.
some of the instruments /sample get softer.
Turn up the volume. ;D
Sorry, but that's a quite esoteric question. OpenMPT doesn't care whether you use headphones, hifi equipment or whatever. My only suspicion right now are sound processing effects in your sound card driver or the sound sound effects that Windows supports natively. One of them is a compressor, so it's possible that this is only enabled for headphones but not speakers with your Windows configuration. Please check in the system control panel whether those effects are enabled.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Modplugger

hahahha thanks jojo .......... ;D

Sorry but i found it

i just downloaded asio driver  :-[

Saga Musix

Quote from: Modplugger on February 13, 2012, 18:08:15
i just downloaded asio driver  :-[
Not sure how to interpret that emotion. Did you have problems with ASIO? OpenMPT should work best with an ASIO driver, and it should not be affected by the operating system effects then, as they should actually be bypassed.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

If your soundcard drivers natively supports ASIO, and you have a normalize function on your soundcard (example: the Creative X-Fi range), then it will also work with ASIO. Luckily this setting is easily changed if the drivers are properly installed and the mixer software is too.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs