[Synthpop] Suburban Streets (it/ogg)

Started by Saga Musix, December 31, 2011, 15:47:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Suburban Streets won the tracked music compo at the Ultimate Meeting 2011. It's probably my most extensive track for this year.

Download
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

Cool and jazzy piece by our esteemed composer. In this song he has reduced the fullness of the layers to do some timbral exploration, and this you get in droves. Morphed pads and separately-tasked instruments are the standard in this track. And oh yeah: there is some good melodic lyricism that is always standard in our colleague's songs.

The bass line stands out, however, with a more funkified line than the usual song by our colleague. And even though the thematic material is well-developed, the song still seems too short for one's ears, and we find ourselves wanting more of this sound.

Another excellent production by Saga Musix! Well worth the time to download. And again, thanx for sharing with your colleagues, Jojo!!

Saga Musix

Thanks for the listen and comment!

Quotethe song still seems too short for one's ears, and we find ourselves wanting more of this sound.
With my recent acquisition of a Roland D-50, I'll try to make even more music with samples that sound like the 80s! :) The D-50 samples used in this track (which are from the Waveworld collection, so they are not my own) were actually one out of many reasons for me to buy this wonderful piece of hardware.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

mrvegas

Very solid atmospheric track.  Thanks for posting.  I still have most of the Wave World samples somewhere.  Nowadays, it's probably still worth getting just for the drum samples.

Saga Musix

I'm glad you enjoyed the track. Yes, WaveWorld is still very nice, some good old drum machines and many great 80s synths are hidden in there.