[Italo Disco] Something about us (mp3)

Started by Oliwerko, January 09, 2012, 19:07:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliwerko

This song is yet another one in the long series of italo disco tracks. This time it's much less Hotsound-ish, but still keeps its 80s style.

I'm particularly proud of the fat bassline and bending lead, but the percussions were also given much love. Maybe the melodies aren't the best, but the sounds...oh yeah! :)

The whole thing was done in a week during the winter examination period of 2012, spending a few hours in the evening with some italodance after studying :P

Finished on Jan 9 2012

http://olivermeres.hobbyart.sk/data/music/Something%20About%20Us.mp3
I am not afraid of death.
I am afraid of murder.

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

More 80s handiwork from Olly with an emphasis on melody but treated with his usual chord design. Could easily be upbeat Gothwave from Depeche Mode or a super-production of a GameBoy level. It's catchy but not sappy, with enough instrumental variation for everyone. All the progressions are well-composed but perhaps too average. Good piece for the Background Music rotation.

mrvegas

Not sure what Italo Disco is, but this is a fun song -- it is very 80s, I agree.

Oliwerko

Thanks for review Harbinger! I know it's average, but I don't mind. When it comes to this genre, many of the songs are not particularly memorable. As you said - background music.

mrvegas - thanks for listening and commenting! Italo Disco (often referred to as Eurodance as well) is a synth genre originating in Italy/Netherlands/Germany in the early 80s typical of lots of percussion, synth brass stabs and typical analog basslines. I'm sure there's more on wikipedia.
I am not afraid of death.
I am afraid of murder.