.41 Restart position not saved

Started by LPChip, April 06, 2006, 11:01:31

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

This is certainly a bug, one way or the other.

In the general tab of a song, there's the restart position. It triggers to what position the song is being looped back to. Changing it does trigger the "something changed" indicator so you want to save, but on loading its set to 0.

However, this setting is also set to 0, when its being saved by, eg. MPT 1.16. So I think that the loading can be a problem too.

If its not supposed to be saved, then please remove the something changed indicator.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

Never had this problem with the xm-format, the looping back was correctly executed.
And what's this "something changed" indicator ?

Squirrel Havoc

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"And what's this "something changed" indicator ?

He probably means the "modified" flag ("*") in the title bar
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

LPChip

If I save the song, and then load it, the restart position (not usage of the B00 command) is set to 0.

The save indicator is indeed the *.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

fisk0

This happens for me too, and always have in ModPlug Tracker.

But XM files are supposed to have restart positions, as I remember using them in FastTracker many years ago.

LPChip

Nativelly, IT doesn't use this, so its not bad if its not being saved. But if thats the case, then why is the song marked as changed?

Sam_Zen

Nice to know, never noticed the sign in the titlebar before.

2fisk0
Not only FastTracker, also OMPT still does opens a XM file with the latest saved restart position.

Quote from: "LPChip"IT doesn't use this, so its not bad if its not being saved. But if thats the case, then why is the song marked as changed?
Good point. Some discrepancy in the routine here, because the flag in the title bar is behaving according to the XM-properties, not relevant to the opened IT file.
More important is the fixed loading with the restart position at zero. While the setting of this is in a part of the general tab, where most other element-settings are saved with the song.
I consider this a shortcoming of the IT-format, so I recommend to put in on the agenda for the new one.

rewbs

From v1.17.02.42 restart pos will be saved in our modified IT format.

LPChip