Remove silence from a .mod file

Started by Avanaboy, December 18, 2011, 20:27:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Avanaboy

Hi guys,
I've a very nice xmas .mod file, but It have some seconds of silence in the end.
Is there any way to remove these seconds from the mod file ?

Thank you very much !  ;)

Saga Musix

Depends on what you really want to do. As MOD files don't have variable pattern lengths (as apposed to XM and IT files), you could place a pattern break command (D00) in an effect column somewhere in the last pattern where the silence begins. The question is of course, why do you want to get rid of the silence? If you just want to shorten it for your personal pleasure (i.e. because you want to play it in a media player), I'd recommend to use XMPlay to play modules anyway, as it automatically trims ending silence.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Avanaboy

I'm coding a Christmas demo , and offcourse I've to loop a mod.
Looping a mod with the silence ins't a good thing :P

So , what I've to do exactly ? :)

Saga Musix

In that case, simply put a D00 effect at the position in the pattern where the module should restart, like this:
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Avanaboy

Quote from: Jojo on December 18, 2011, 21:03:35
In that case, simply put a D00 effect at the position in the pattern where the module should restart, like this:

Thank you very much !
It is working now  ;D