changing voice (lyric) samples

Started by justinrpg, November 22, 2011, 12:43:23

Previous topic - Next topic

justinrpg

there was this hip-hop module I got from the Mod Archive that the sample is a girl's voice but is played in the song as man's voice... how do I do something like that? and is it possible to go the other way around (make my voice sound like a girl's voice)? it would be nice to make a song like a duet all by myself...

Saga Musix

If you play a female vocal sample at a lower pitch, it will sound more like a man, but it will sound far from realistic in most cases. The other way around be would be to play a male sample faster. There is also the possibility to use phonetic tools to change the gender of a voice, f.e. using Praat.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

justinrpg

how do I make a sample play faster to achieve a female voice??? what are the necessary steps??

Rakib

Original sample is played at c5, try playing it at f5 and hear the difference, but if you want to keep the same length, use the pitchshifting tool in the sample window.
^^