Donation question

Started by Geminga, March 31, 2006, 17:45:03

Previous topic - Next topic

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

Quote from: "cyperkid"
what's wrong with you Viruz?
not wanting to give answers in the common "what-about-you"-threads and giving away intimate secrets here?!  :wink:

:lol:

well i don't remember any "what does your ex look like" thread

btw: hey you bitchez, that one was for rewbs only ;)

@rewbs: guess again  :P
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

rewbs

Quote from: "BooT-SectoR-ViruZ"@rewbs: guess again  :P
Dude I'm shocked! So your girl was the one who was looking very slightly worried by the evening's vibe?

Geminga

Hi, Thanks for the link. I checked it out. Seems I'd hafta get a credit card:(

A snail-mail addy would be better. I can send American money order or cash in any currency desired. As a last resort I'd find a CC to borrow.

Why? 'Cause coding takes time. Server storage costs money... and this site is broken. I'm disabled and music is a really big part of my life. Once a month I look at my check and think... maybe I could help.:)

LPChip

Quote from: "Geminga"Hi, Thanks for the link. I checked it out. Seems I'd hafta get a credit card:(

A snail-mail addy would be better. I can send American money order or cash in any currency desired. As a last resort I'd find a CC to borrow.

Why? 'Cause coding takes time. Server storage costs money... and this site is broken. I'm disabled and music is a really big part of my life. Once a month I look at my check and think... maybe I could help.:)

Its not adviced to use snail mail or so... if you can find a CC and are still willing, then thats great. Otherwise, I don't mind not getting any.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

MisterX

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"Ive wanted to donate for years, but Mister X didnt have a way, or didnt want me to, or something to do with him that kept me from doing it, thats why I never did. Now I dont have any money to donate  :(

Yeah, I scewed the pooch on that, no doubt.

I felt weird about accepting flat-out donations, so I was always trying to come up with some other ways that visitors could support the site.  The banner ads helped, since no $$ had to come from the visitors, it comes from the advertisers.  The ads don't amount to much, especially since I split the money with Olivier (even though he didn't want me to, I thought it was the right thing to do).

I then came up with the idea of the MODPlug T-Shirts, which I thought was cool since the buyer could support the site and get something in return, but interest in the shirts was low, and many people who wanted the shirts lived outside of the US, and therefore would have to pay twice the amount of the shirt just on the shipping.  That, and I had to spend a lot of time in the Post Office filling out customs forms, so it didn't work out, although I do have a bunch of shirts to wear now. ;)

The best support has come from people like LPChip and Rewbs and others who donate their time to make the site and the software better.  When the new site launches, visitors can support it by adding their music and by supporting the sponsors - I think that's the best way to go.
-Mister X aka Kim-
StudioKraft
===========================
I am happy to be born when I was - at least I caught the tail end of freedom.

Sam_Zen

2MisterX
The best way indeed

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

@shirts: sry, but they looked shitty imho... (i think i asked for new ones some time ago)

i still want to donate some money (although you seem to think it's not necessary) but really i hate paypal und therefore won't donate this way

:?
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

MisterX

Quote from: "BooT-SectoR-ViruZ"@shirts: sry, but they looked shitty imho... (i think i asked for new ones some time ago)

You can't please everyone.

See the post above for the best ways to donate. ;)
-Mister X aka Kim-
StudioKraft
===========================
I am happy to be born when I was - at least I caught the tail end of freedom.