One Voice Compo (1st - 15th of April)

Started by Louigi Verona, March 31, 2006, 06:03:15

Previous topic - Next topic

apple-joe

OK, you're right - there is really no hurry. Yet, I'm about to become vey eager about the results. Especially as it was announced that they'd be ready around a week after deadline.

However, no one's gonna die, so I'll just keep on waiting.

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "apple-joe"OK, you're right - there is really no hurry. Yet, I'm about to become vey eager about the results. Especially as it was announced that they'd be ready around a week after deadline.

your posts and your song title are very much in tune

patience is a virtue, but we're all going to die sooner or later.

LPChip

Quote from: "apple-joe"OK, you're right - there is really no hurry. Yet, I'm about to become vey eager about the results. Especially as it was announced that they'd be ready around a week after deadline.

Why are you so eager in knowing how far down you've got? :lol:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

apple-joe

Quote from: "LPChip"

Why are you so eager in knowing how far down you've got? :lol:

1) Well, I am a little obsessed by compos these days.

2) Also, I like to get a certain form of feedback, to see whether I'm heading in this or that direction.

3) The tracking of this compos entry was a little more intense than the previous compo, for instance.

4) It was, after all, announced that the results were dued a week after the deadline.

Speed-goddamn: good observation.

Anyway, I take it I am not the only one who's eager about the outcome.

Matt Hartman

I'm interested myself, even though I didn't attend the compo as previously planned.

Because of the nature of the compo, I know it requires a decent skill set for a composer to possess so I trust the music to be intermediate to advanced.

Besides, I get off on hearing wonderful and INTELLIGENT tracks.

So freaking hurry up already.  :lol:
Yeah, sure. Right. Whatever.

KrazyKatz

QuoteBecause of the nature of the compo, I know it requires a decent skill set for a composer to possess so I trust the music to be intermediate to advanced.

Besides, I get off on hearing wonderful and INTELLIGENT tracks.

Yessir. This is the first Compo Iv'e entered into ( my piece is Ever pools of Once ) and I realised that the level is pretty high and there are some outstanding pieces to compare. Definitely tough to judge.
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

DavidN

Those voice samples you're using are amazing, KrazyKatz - what kind of instrument are they?

LPChip

Bytheway, I did notice some of the files are no longer available.

If my memory serves me correctly, I believe apple-joe's entry was on a fileserveruploadwebsitethingy, which was expired.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

apple-joe

Thanks for the reminder, LPChip, that might very well be true. I had to use yousendit as Tripod was down. Now what? Is it too late, or what happens?

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "apple-joe"Thanks for the reminder, LPChip, that might very well be true. I had to use yousendit as Tripod was down. Now what? Is it too late, or what happens?

You should probably upload it somewhere more permanent and let Louigi know about it so he can update the site.

apple-joe

Right - I'll try my Tripod account now.

EDIT: No, there's always something. Now the track sounded broken when uploaded to and then downloaded from my Tripod account. Maybe it works if I ZIP the .ogg file before uploading.

EDIT II: It works better now after zipping the .ogg file and re-uploading. I'll mail Louigi Verona about the changes.

Louigi Verona

QuoteBecause of the nature of the compo, I know it requires a decent skill set for a composer to possess so I trust the music to be intermediate to advanced.

It also requires a decent skill to judge all that. Nobody knew judging would be such a complex process. Believe me, the judges are working and the results I am getting, along with comments on every track, are well worth the wait. Also, keep in mind that people do have their real life with jobs, families and such. Really sorry to keep you waiting, but there's just no way I can speed up things.

apple-joe: recieved your new link, I will update the link this eve.

apple-joe

Verona: I see your point. Instead of whining for results I should have thought that as it takes some time, maybe the response is more sincere too.

Louigi Verona

fixed your link. but the site went down. don't worry, it'll be up soon.

Louigi Verona