One Voice Compo (1st - 15th of April)

Started by Louigi Verona, March 31, 2006, 06:03:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Louigi Verona

One Voice Compo is running once more!

Here are the basic rules:
1. The tune must be a one voice melody, which means that only one note can be played at a time.
2. You can use a second instrument to show chords. (optional)
3. The tune can be of any length and can be presented in the following formats: midi, mod, s3m, xm, it, mp3, ogg.
4. The tune submitted should be composed by you and never before released.

Submission deadline is April the 15th.

Preliminary jury:

Cooth
Randor
Purple Motion
PPH

For deatils and FAQ, visit the One Voice Compo website.

LPChip

w00t?

Purple Motion will be a judge? Cool!!!
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

KrazyKatz

I cant wait for that millions of billions of dollars prize!
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

Louigi Verona

yup, Jonne agreed to judge :)

the price will be useful experience and also this essence, called Fame And Glory  :lol:

apple-joe

Great, I like the initiative of this site these days. I'm gonna start preparing today, and see how the lines are drawn.

I see that one might actually include chords - according to rules - this time. Good to know. I must admit I see no reasons not to include a few supporting/defining chords if you are allowed. Unless the judges reward melodies that run their own life better.

Louigi Verona

apple-joe: that rule was in the first OVC as well.

LPChip

I've read, its not allowed to use appregio's... I assume you aren't allowed to use them to display chords only? And ofcource they aren't being changed over the song unless the chord changes?

Cus it seems strange :P

Ofcource its not allowed to use appregio's during the main melody. I understand that, but also not for chords?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

apple-joe

Well, anyway; chords + single melody, that'll do it. Maybe I even drop the chords, if I feel in the mood.

Louigi Verona

You can use arpeggios to show chords. The FAQ, of course, spoke of the lead melody.
The chord picture should be static - no boom-cha-cha, no any other structure. Just static chords in key places - that is, if the chord changes, you show it.

LPChip

Quote from: "Louigi Verona"You can use arpeggios to show chords. The FAQ, of course, spoke of the lead melody.
The chord picture should be static - no boom-cha-cha, no any other structure. Just static chords in key places - that is, if the chord changes, you show it.

Great! I'll make a chiptune, especially for Purple Motion. :)

Louigi Verona

Guys! What's going on? First week of the compo is getting over and I have no entries from modplug! Sam Zen? LP Chip and his promised one voice chip? apple-joe? C'mon, guys! I want modplug representatives in my compo!

DavidN

LPChip

I've lost my inspiration :s

the best i can come up with, is a stupid song :S

apple-joe

I've had a little tracking break the recent days. Which might prove positive for the one voice compo; if I'm lucky and experience a flood of inspiration. I'll have a go very soon.

LPChip: Have a few days off without touching Modplug, and retry. Might work.

LPChip

I've submitted a chip for this compo. Its not my best work, but it'll have to do. :) (its not that bad, otherwise i'd not submit it in the first place)