[Gabber] Praise The 90s EP (MP3)

Started by BooT-SectoR-ViruZ, November 06, 2011, 16:35:31

Previous topic - Next topic

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

Finally setting some old stuff free as I'm currently relaunching the project....

I'm not claiming that this is the best piece of music ever been produced with a tracker,
nore do I consider it my absolute best and the mix might also not be too great tbh.,
but it still has it's raison d'être.

I guess it's funnier to listen when you understand german, but I guess you'll get the basic idea regardless...

Artist: BooT-SectoR-ViruZ
Title: Praise The 90s EP
Genre: Gabber, Breakbeat, Speedcore
Produced in: 2006-2007
Format: MP3 192kbps

Tracklist:
01 Abgehfaktor
02 Prollos On Tour
03 Dancehulk
04 Basshead
05 Praise The 90s

Enjoy: http://breakcorezecke.de/Praise_The_90s_EP.rar
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

.^o

.^o

It is aptly named.
it's really the sound of '90

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

Abgehfaktor
Hard tracking by B-S-V, powernoise mixed in a stew with rock riffs and vocal oneshots. One will also notice the techno, punk, Hi NRG, and DnB homages.

This is not for the background -- there is way too many interesting images in this aural collage. Nor are you going to be able to dance to it, unless you can't dance.

Prollos on Tour
Not sure who Prollos is, but that's neither here or there.

Boot-Sector's usual hard-driving technique on a myriad of samples, which he uses in all its possible formats -- looped instruments, oneshots, and beatcuts. This song typifies his style and exhibits his enormous talent in tracking. I must say i've never heard anyone with his level of talent in sample control and exploitation. The style may be Euro but here in America this style rarely crosses our ears even in clubs.

Dancehulk
Lots of sample breakbeats and beatcuts from many sources. It's fun just to see if you can recognize any of them, but for American ears, they may be out of reach (altho i caught Guess Who and i think Chris Rock -- as Nat X?). This song is danceable to a degree and might find its way in an eccentric DJ's mix....

Excellent and interesting work, B-S-V.

Basshead
Song starts with some EG riffs in a beautiful repetitive pulse, all while trying to maintain order in the usual splashing of sample oneshots and throwarounds.
Here B-S-V really explores the stereo space well, as well as rhythmic progressions over bass thrusts.

Praise the 90s
Filterwork over a repetitive bass line marks the signature of this song, with plenty of phase tweaking and the usual sample splashing. Less danceable but not less interesting. Perhaps a bit too much repetition towards the end with the piano, but it closes perfectly to shut it all down.

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V