New to this...

Started by Setherson, October 12, 2011, 22:39:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Setherson

Hello.  I've used MadTracker before, and someone suggested I use OpenMPT instead.  I'm not sure why, it was a good while back.  Anyhow, what I really liked about MadTracker was that on the site, you have access to thousands of .mt2 files.  So, I was able to load them into the tracker and see how it worked ... REALLY helped me figure out how that tracker worked.

Now I want to try this OpenMPT to see if it's better or easier to use than Madtracker, and although I know there's a place to "download free songs," I'm not being able to find any songs that I can load into the tracker such that I can see how it works.

Can anyone post a link in this thread to a very good example?  I'm interested in seeing how each of the different file types are similar and dis-similar.  Surely there are some good ones out there that I should see/hear to help me get familiar with OpenMPT.

Thanks a lot,
Setherson

Saga Musix

You can load almost all files from The Mod Archive into OpenMPT, though since most of that music wasn't made with OpenMPT, it also doesn't make use of OpenMPT's own features like plugins and such. I release all my music sources, and I do make use of many OpenMPT techniques, so it might be worth looking into.

Edit: And don't forget about the example songs that come with OpenMPT, of course. ;)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.