MIXER in modplug??

Started by Modplugger, October 05, 2011, 11:09:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Modplugger

Is there a mixer in modplugtracker ??

No.... Maybe an idea??

something like renoise  :-[

LPChip

You can change the channel volume from the general tab. Thats the closest to a mixer in Modplug tracker. Adding a different mixer will be difficult due to how the VST effects are routed.

It would require to add audio busses (new out channels) and allow to control that volume before that bus goes to the out channel. Something that isn't that easy to do.

Alternatively, you could use something like Xlutop Chainer. One instance gives you 10 busses, but if you're using samples, you'll need separate instances because you cannot control on what channel a sample comes in. (unless you are satisfied using samples in one bus only. (as soon as you add an input field, all sounds will enter there.) Do note that Xlutop Chainer does cost money, but its money well spend if you ask me.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Harbinger

I use ModPlug for mixing all the time, but it's all command-driven -- f.e., Mxx modifies channels volume, PCE notes turn plugin knobs. It's just not old-fashioned mixing like what engineers did behind the glass.

Yes, LP is right, Xlutop Chainer is INVALUABLE in the composition process for me. It is money well worth it. With Chainer you have more control over engineering and other post techniques, you can apply sidechaining to help bring out bass or vocals, you can put together complicated routing techniques that is not inherent in ModPlug -- find a way to fit the cost in your budget! :D

Modplugger