Layer-3 Wave Loading

Started by Really Weird Person, October 21, 2011, 00:33:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Really Weird Person

I have a question. How do I load Layer-3 wave files? When I have Modplug Tracker make them, the following things occur:
1. The length displayed in the file's tooltip is strange. Example: A song that normally has a length of 1:29:43 has a length of 1,495:28:52.
2. Loading it displays an Unknown file type dialog.
3. The sample is one large red rectangle instead of what it should be for the particular song converted to the wave.
4. When loading them in Winamp, they are not played at all.
Is there a way to load them so that I get the desired song instead of an Unknown file type dialog and a large red rectangle? The reason that I am asking this question is because I would like to use it for making some songs, but the way that it behaves does not help me at all in this area. It seems that the quality can go down to 64 kilobits per second (kbps) versus the Save As Wave function's 128 kbps.

jmkz

Your Layer-3 WAV is actually an MP3 data in a WAV container. Try change your extension to MP3 and convert to PCM WAV with Winamp or VLC and then go back and load WAV.

Really Weird Person

Ah, thanks for the information. Even Winamp has it listed in the available conversion formats, but attempting to convert to it produces an error about not being able to find an encoder.