the sample quest topic

Started by kit beats, October 10, 2011, 23:02:26

Previous topic - Next topic

kit beats

Maybe this is done (As Topic) before but f#ck it! :) I'm lookin for some samples.

My quest: a house drum beat, loop dance beat idunno some house: 130BPM - speed 3 stuff.

Any tracker house tunes are welcome. Usualy im on that hiphopbeats but now im on some house dance and i really can use house samples.

"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin

Saga Musix

That depends quite a lot on what kind of house music you want to do; What people called House in the 80s and 90s has hardly anything to do with all the popular "House" these days. A classic house beat is fairly easy to make, you'd usually use TR-808 sounds for that. For modern house productions, you could look into the house loops that are offered by LoopMasters or Vengeance. For a classic 90s house tune in tracked format, you could have a look at this - quite old, but it shows very well how old-skool house beats work.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

kit beats

Yes i know thanks for straighten that out :) I got some TR808 i should check that stuff out and thanks for the link.I'ts always a pleasure listening to old module tracks.Iff you know a library i apriciated it if you let me know.

http://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=4559.0

I made this house beat with my headphones lastnight and loaded it up but now as i listen with my MS40 Behringer it need more fullness Idunno what,Yet. :)
"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin

Rakib

House is a very broad term, first what kind of house do you want to make, elekto, groovy, soulful, 90's style and so on. I dont have so much experience with house (only made 1 song), but it is usually just ordinary kicks and hihats, but the biggest job is with the bass and melody and making everything fit together.

But off course house loop makes it easier but experimenting with different samples and vst effects can often give you a better sound. But I usually use ordinary kicks and snares, but sometimes sites like loopmaster, zero g gives out samples for free and I download them.
^^

Rakib

Some samples for today:
http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/sampleradar-13154-free-sample-downloads-217833/87

But as I remember most of your songs are sample based, I suggest using more vst's for better and more variable sounds and also a good trick used in many electronic songs are the use of sidechain compression, or a gater.
^^