[EBM] - Am I the machine? (MP3) Ephic,dark,melodic

Started by Andy Livid, February 09, 2006, 21:09:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Livid

This is my favourite of my songs right now. It includes a strange atmosphere. I made it a very ephic and a "big sounded" dark song. It tells about the loss of the feelings.

Song name: Am I the machine?
Genre: EBM/Synthpop
File format: mp3
File size: 7,84 MB
Kbps: 160

Link to download:

http://www.mikseri.net/music/play.php?id=129140&type=dl

There are some good trance songs and other synthpop songs on my artist page:

www.mikseri.net/andylivid

Thank you!

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

*lol* the frog-sound rockz!!!  :lol:

very nice arrangements... you really got it going  :D

but maybe a little less of that effect that's on the bassdrum
and a little more bass-freq in the mixdown

great stuff!
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

Didgeboy287

I'm always impressed when I hear a song that for one doesn't sound like it was tracked and two sounds like the kind of music I'd hear on an internet radio station.  The organ break was cool, and a great surprise to find inside this trance digital sounding song.  And of course the background voices with the heavy reverb and the distortion added a lot.  The reverb in general is almost what made the song for me.  It gave the song such a cohesive blend.  The frogs were great, but I wish they hadn't all popped up at the beginning of the song.  It's like hearing the punchline of a joke before the set up.  That's about the only criticism I had.  Can't just say AMAZING! and leave it at that. :)
Comments are always welcome . . . let me rephrase that.  Constructive criticism is always welcome.

www.sneakerpops.com

Andy Livid

"If you obey, you will survive."

Sam_Zen

Strong piece.
I wondered if it could have had even more strength, if the 'solo sound' around 3:15 and appearing again after 6:00 was used in a broader octave scale, both higher and lower expanded.

Andy Livid

Yeah! You're suggesting a very good idea. I agree, I'm gonna test it right away. ;)

mikosoft

Nice composition.
I have some remarks:
1. The chip-like solo would probably sound better with less reverb and with echo or delay
2. The construction - the first break with organ is a bit too soon. This kind of break fits better when the song has already developed

That much criticism, everything is great :D Especially I liked the metalic sounding bass and deep strings.
Believe in Him and be free.