[downtempo/background] Urban Visions (mp3)

Started by Louigi Verona, June 20, 2006, 06:11:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Louigi Verona

apple-joe

Listening now. Nice quality - 'defined' sounds in the beginning. Sets the mood. Characteristic light hi hats as well. I was about to say I expect a bass line, and there it appeared. Very enjoyable. Easy on the ears. I'd like you to create several songs of such character, I assume it's perfect when you're relaxing; reading etc. Interesting sound effects a before the middle of the song. You used the midi macro effect? Been experimenting with it myself lately.

H*ll, this was enjoyable - how about an .xm version? =)

Sam_Zen

Nicely dosed production.
I find the high string sound after 4:40 a bit a dissonant choice of sound according to the sphere. But maybe it's just a bit too loud.

Louigi Verona

Yeah, maybe it's loud. I'll try to make the string a bit more quiet.

apple-joe: this was done with FL Studio. Not possible to make an xm version.
As for midi macro... Don't know what it is actually. What effects did you mean?

apple-joe

The Zxy effect. Just started using it myself. Nice for extra atmosphere. Varying the sound.

Louigi Verona

LPChip

Zxx is the midi macro effect.

You can use it for several things.

1. You can control VST's with it, after setting what setting to control.
2. By default, you can control the filter cutoff and resonance with it, depending on the range you choose. 00-7F and 80-FF.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

Quote from: "Louigi Verona"
apple-joe: this was done with FL Studio.

faker ;)

...i'll have a listen after i finish work
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

AppO

Hi,

A clean and quiet track. Fine production. I agree with Sam Zen about the dissonant choice of sound for the strings. Too loud, too heavy.  I'm not a fan either of the flute starting at 1:25. That's not in the mood, IMHO.

Cool trip-hop anyway with a good worked TB303 touch.

Keep on posting tracks like that !

AppO

:)
The Humble Craftsman aka Viktor Ugo-Appas aka Jolimelodia

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

well...

in first: sounds professional!
i don't like the intro very much, but as the bass starts things get flowing very well....

nothing particular about the rest...
the string is more than ok for me..

very nice track for chilling. keep the great work
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

Louigi Verona

Today I listened to the track with fresh ears and I might indeed try to make some volume adjustments, both to the flute and the strings. Also the vocal clip in the end will be more quiet too.