Piano instrument

Started by sdobbie, September 29, 2011, 18:26:37

Previous topic - Next topic

sdobbie

Does anyone know where I can download a piano instrument? I have tried searching for one on the internet and there is nothing there. It is just an iti file that is needed.

Saga Musix

Depends on the quality you're after. There are two VST instruments that do the job, 4front piano and mda Piano, and you can use any soundfont using f.e. sfz (f.e. Equinox Grand Pianos is a really big and good-sounding piano-only soundfont). The advantage over simply adding the soundfont to OpenMPT and creating an instrument from it is that sfz can change samples depending on the note velocity provided, so it sounds more realistic. Of course this does only work if you want to use plugins and should only be used in the MPTM Format.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

If you don't mind to pay for it, then I highly recommend 4front TruePianos. It are very realistic pianos with great sound as if you have the real thing at your disposal. An alternative is Native Instruments Classic Piano Collection.

Both have audio samples to hear their quality. I've tried both and decided that I like the sound of truepianos more, so I bought that, and haven't regretted that ever since.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

sdobbie

I could not find a piano, so I just used a hardsynth instead.