.28 Bug on Sample Browser

Started by SoundCrafter, March 27, 2006, 20:50:49

Previous topic - Next topic

SoundCrafter

If you go to General settings and set your sample directory to D:\, then try to use the Sample Browser, you'll get a "Parameter incorrect" error.
---Formerly known as ---DjBj---. changed names for lots of reasons.
BooT-SectoR-ViruZ is the new Skaven and the whole world'z goin' to Hell.
Lowpass filter! Perform a generic type of dodge!!! :lol:
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

rewbs

Quote from: "SoundCrafter"If you go to General settings and set your sample directory to D:\, then try to use the Sample Browser, you'll get a "Parameter incorrect" error.

When you say Sample Browser, do you mean the file browser you get when you click on the load sample button? If so, I can't reproduce. Is D:\ your DVD drive? if so do you have valid media in it?

SoundCrafter

No, sry for the misclarification. By sample browser I mean the small frame under the frame wher the current song, and instrument libraries are displayed.
---Formerly known as ---DjBj---. changed names for lots of reasons.
BooT-SectoR-ViruZ is the new Skaven and the whole world'z goin' to Hell.
Lowpass filter! Perform a generic type of dodge!!! :lol:
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

LPChip

So the treeview. :)

Can you please verify that this bug hasn't been fixed in the latest build? This .28 build is kinda old you know... I bet it has been fixed by now.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

rewbs

Some more questions for you:

1. Does this occur consistently or intermittently?
2. What kind of drive is your d:\ drive (hard disk, CD, floppy, USB...)?
3. Does your d:\ drive work fine in all other programs?

I don't think the "parameter incorrect" message is originating from OpenMPT code. Windows can display such a message when it has trouble accessing a drive, e.g. the disk is corrupt or unformatted etc...

Diamond

You should definitely try the latest build, because I do vaguely remember someone reporting something similar a while ago and that it had been fixed.

rewbs

Can't reproduce with recent versions. Setting to pending. Will close within a couple of weeks if there's no response.

LPChip

Since there is no response, Am closing this one.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs