How about just porting the modplug browser plugin to Mac OSX

Started by soren_ladegaard, March 27, 2006, 08:23:55

Previous topic - Next topic

soren_ladegaard

Hi

I've searched the forums. It's seems there are regular request for a Mac version of the Modplug tracker. From what I understand it's a difficult port.

What I'm looking for is a way to play modfiles in my browser (Safari) when I visit websites that has mod-music as background music.

Is anyone working on a Mac OSX port of the plugin or does anyone know a way to get a plugin to work on the Mac. I like sites that have .mod background music :-)

LPChip

The modplug browser plugin is a discontinued product. We only offer it for download so people can still browse websites that use it, but we do not offer any support for it anymore.

With that in mind, its most likelly that we won't port or do anything with the plugin at all. Im not even sure we have the sourcecode to port.

Perhaps someone here can tell you how to get it working for Safari, but other than that, I can't help you.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

speed-goddamn-focus

Are there actually still websites that have mod-music as background music?

LPChip

Quote from: "speed-goddamn-focus"Are there actually still websites that have mod-music as background music?

Yes there are. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs