Midi playback

Started by burger, August 12, 2011, 09:24:43

Previous topic - Next topic

burger

Hi,
Newbie trying to get MIDI playback working!
Want to do should be very simple I think, but I can't figure it out.

I just want to record a pattern with my MIDI keyboard (Yamaha YPT210 if it makes a difference) and then play it back through the keyboard.

In and Out MIDI cables are connected and working. I can record quite easily by pressing record MIDI, hitting record and play. Then playing the keyboard makes the notes appear on the pattern... all looking good. But when I try to play it back - silence.

If I load samples onto the instruments then it plays back through the PC speakers but that's not what I want, I want it to play back through the MIDI keyboard.

I'm sure it's a simple box I'm missing, thanks for any tips :)

Saga Musix

OpenMPT does not have built-in MIDI-Out support, but you can get it to work using the VST2MID plugin from the MIDI Bag collection. Simply load the VST and assign it to an instrument, set the MIDI channel of that instrument to 1, then click the "Editor" button next to the plugin dropdown list to open the plugin's editor and select the appropriate MIDI Out device (by default it's Windows' own MIDI synthesizer, and you don't want that).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

That information is in the OHM, too. Get it if you haven't. If it's not clear, please post in the sticky for that thread. I need it to make it easier for folks to understand quickly how to get OpenMPT to work to do what they want.