cannot save modules anymore -- program crashes

Started by justinrpg, July 18, 2011, 17:52:48

Previous topic - Next topic

justinrpg

every time I try to save a module now, MPT crashes, and the saved files didn't save properly, only channels 1-4 exist in the saved file, it doesn't matter what I name it or whatever it always  errors out "OpenMPT has stopped working"

Saga Musix

Can you please try if replacing mptrack.exe by this version fixes the problem?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

justinrpg

yes, that fixed the problem, can you tell me what's different in this?

Saga Musix

My guess is that you just accidentally stepped into this bug.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

justinrpg

how does replacing the .exe fix that problem?

Saga Musix

Uhm... pretty obvious? The new exe contains a fix for this (and other) problems.

justinrpg

does this fix the random crashing during mp3 exporting? I've experienced this in ever version of MPT I ever used...

Saga Musix