xaimus' ramping patch

Started by Saga Musix, July 17, 2011, 12:00:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

This patch allows to use separate values for ramping samples in and out, for even higher fidelity and punchier transients. Still need to look into everything but it seems to work well so far.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Can you be a bit more specific?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

It allows for separate ramp-in / ramp-out times for samples. You will hear more about that when it actually made its way into the main code branch, but for now this information should be enough. If people want to experiment with the patch, they can do so.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

For what VSTi is this patch?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Was I not being clear enough that this patch is for samples only? Ramping is not applied to VSTis, they have their own audio processing.

LPChip

Huh? You have patches other than VSTi patches? are the samples for like a soundfont player? and if so, which one?

Saga Musix

It is a patch, not a patch. :nuts: I.e. a software patch. Something that fixes software. In this case, it fixes OpenMPT's code. Hence I put this in the OpenMPT development corner.

LPChip

Aaaaaah. Now you're telling me!

Thanks. The topic makes much much more sense now. :nuts:

jmkz

How to apply this patch? I tried some ways but unsuccessfully.

Saga Musix

If you use TortoiseSVN, right-click the source folder, choose "Apply patch" and pray that there are no conflicts.

jmkz

LOL, I tried to do that, but nope, it doesn't worked.

Saga Musix

Then you will have to resolve conflicting lines. Or just wait until it is used in the main branch at some point.

jmkz

I have fixed some lines in patch, now is detected by TortoiseSVN. Needs get some code lines updated by the latest revision.

Which revision were used for this patch?

Saga Musix

I wouldn't recommend using the patch as-is, I have already done most of the necessary modifications to implement the feature in a proper way but I won't commit those changes too soon.