Another decade

Started by Saga Musix, July 05, 2011, 22:44:27

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Quote from: christofori on July 10, 2011, 23:19:10
Erm, well by that I only meant that some of us are older than 30 already.. you have a little catching-up still to do.  :P

There, made you feel like a youngster again with that, eh?

No... you only pointed out that you try to feel sorry for me, and that eventually I'll get over it. So you think I whine about my age, and that I need to grow up. :nuts:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Christofori

[sigh] If you want to read that into the words, it's your choice.  IMHO it's a 'bit' of a reach, that conclusion..

Age is merely a number and was the extent of my intended commentary; I don't mean or even like to comment on another's maturity as it's not really my place.  ;)
/christofori
'slightly disturbed and wonderfully content'
*Master of the Obvious*

LPChip

@christofori, that was sarcasm. :P

I find it funny how people always say that: "I'm now a round number so I'm so much older (except for 10 and 20), so I just felt to respond in such manner :P
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Christofori

I thought it could be with the :nuts: there, but as such nuance is difficult to 'read' on board posts:

1) I usually :P after a tongue-in-cheek or sarcastic line, so you threw me for a slight loop... when people roll their eyes or do the 'crazy face' here, mostly they're thinking someone's stupid or something I s'pose -- and they're done outside the target's range of sight.. :P
2) I added the response the way I did in case someone down the line read it and thought I was maybe harsh or something.. lol.. Makes me think how cultural norms in one place vs another, and/or how the www is shrinking what used to be uniqueness in favor of expanding 'global-ification' over time.. alas, as usual I digress :P

Those, and I'm far too literal AND overly verbose. :P  Usually the literal part is an attempt at humor..

The verbose part -- I actually summarized most of my web page earlier this week by replacing blocks of text/comments with collapsable div tags, making it so that if one WANTS to read more info on something, one clicks a button that expands to reveal the hidden-by-default text (too bad I can't summarize myself with optional div tags here, eh?).  I've discovered people don't like reading much anymore (keeps some from getting past the index page of sites).. :(

WHAT is this world CoMInG TooOO?!?! :nuts:
/christofori
*Master of the Obvious*

LPChip

Okay... and now in a way I can understand? :P

I actually also use the :P for sarcastic lines, and the :nuts: for: don't take me serious. I'm screwing around. :nuts:

Christofori

/christofori
*Master of the Obvious*