Main Menu

Google +

Started by Rakib, July 01, 2011, 15:15:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakib

Anyone tested it out yet?
Looks like a good hybrid between facebook and twitter. I like what I am seeing so far.
^^

LPChip

I'm not really into any kind of social networking. Twitter is an exception to this, but the concept of being "friends" on the internet with those that I am in the real world is like... not necessary for me.

I do not accept wanna-be friend requests either.

So to summon the post up: No I haven't.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Rakib

Thats the great thing with g+, is that you are not friends. You follow one and another. You have circles with different groups of people, whom you share what you want to them.
^^

LPChip

Quote from: Rakib on July 01, 2011, 15:47:09
Thats the great thing with g+, is that you are not friends. You follow one and another. You have circles with different groups of people, whom you share what you want to them.

But I already have Twitter. Why would I want to make yet another account somewhere?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Rakib

I made an account to test it out. If I dont like it, it is just to delete the account.
^^

Christofori

Quote from: LPChip on July 01, 2011, 15:27:51
I'm not really into any kind of social networking. Twitter is an exception to this, but the concept of being "friends" on the internet with those that I am in the real world is like... not necessary for me.

I do not accept wanna-be friend requests either.

So to summon the post up: No I haven't.

Nor have I for the same basic reasons; though also adding personal privacy to the listing (facebook recognition/tagging is teh 3vi1!)...

However... www.whotune.com is a networking site for musicians and their fans/followers; thought I would link it here in case others would be interested.  I signed up (this is the ONLY social site that isn't scene/tracking related I'm on..) not long ago... seems it's fairly new.  Could be good for more widespread exposure, for any seeking such.  ^_^
/christofori
'slightly disturbed and wonderfully content'
*Master of the Obvious*

Louigi Verona

g+ looks interesting, but I only saw a demo. as far as I know, there is no way to register now.

Rakib

^^

suecae

I hope they will eventually compete in terms of whose service start to offer the best terms for integrity and stop using fossil fuels (Facebook is currently a notorious coal-addict!) G+ does look interesting though, will have to wait for an invite. :)