what is AHX?

Started by justinrpg, July 01, 2011, 20:53:30

Previous topic - Next topic

justinrpg

I downloaded what is supposed to be a module, but MPT doesn't recognize it. it is in .AHX format... what is an AHX file and how do I get MPT to recognize it and/or convert it to something it can recognize...

Saga Musix

AHX is a synthesized module format. It cannot be loaded into sample-based trackers like OpenMPT. In fact, there are only trackers for the Amiga (f.e. HivelyTracker) that support this format, but not for PC. A way to play them on a PC is for example to use XMPlay with the AHX/HVL plugin.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

justinrpg

Quote from: Jojo on July 01, 2011, 21:11:29
AHX is a synthesized module format. It cannot be loaded into sample-based trackers like OpenMPT. In fact, there are only trackers for the Amiga (f.e. HivelyTracker) that support this format, but not for PC. A way to play them on a PC is for example to use XMPlay with the AHX/HVL plugin.

does this also convert to mp3?

Saga Musix

You can also render tunes to WAV, MP3 or OGG (the latter two only if an appropriate encoder is installed). I'd rather recommend rendering to WAV and then using lamedrop or oggdrop for rendering to MP3 or OGG.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.