make a pattern number repeat again later in the song

Started by justinrpg, June 27, 2011, 00:47:50

Previous topic - Next topic

justinrpg

in many of the modules i've download there has been repeats of a certain pattern number, for example let's use '6' it may go something like 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,6,8,6... the sixth pattern is in there three times.

i cannot figure out how to do that myself, i cannot copy and paste without creating new pattern first, hence making the next number in sequence instead of the same number, for example, i have 10 patterns and i want number 4 to go again after the 10th but all i can figure out how to do is create an 11th and copy the stuff in the pattern #4, but that still is number 11 instead of number 4 going again... what do i need to do to make number 4 go again after 10 instead of copying info from 4 to 11?

Rakib

Why copy and paste when you can just write the number of you pattern where you want in the sequense.
^^

LPChip

Either write the number yourself, or choose right-mouse, insert pattern while selecting the pattern of choice.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

justinrpg

I don't know what you guys mean by "write the number yourself"

Saga Musix

Well, write the number... into the orderlist? Big surprise, the cells in the order list are editable, and you can just write f.e. "5" in two cells and pattern 5 will be played twice.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

^^

LPChip

And if you still don't get it, click on an order so it is selected, and press the 5 above the t (not numpad 5)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

LPChip: Numpad numbers are assigned to the order list as well by default.

LPChip

Quote from: Jojo on June 27, 2011, 19:16:12
LPChip: Numpad numbers are assigned to the order list as well by default.
Ah okay... I wasn't sure and couldn't test it, and some of the keymaps don't support this, so I mentioned it just to be on the safe side.