Setting overall channel volume/pan

Started by MDCore, June 24, 2011, 05:06:30

Previous topic - Next topic

MDCore

Hi. I've searched for a number of terms, but couldn't find if there was a way to set the overall/default volume and pan for a specific channel. I know that on a note I can set volume OR pan, but I want to have a specific pan and volume set before the note plays. I can't seem to set both at the some time.

Am I trying to solve this problem in the correct way? Is there a better way of doing this than I am imagining?

thanks
MDCore

MDCore

Just found it on the general tab!  :-[

LPChip

I see you found it just before I could hit submit, but to not let this post get to waste, here is it anyway.

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe setting the panning in the volume effects column is not a single note entry.

So you could do it as follows:

C-4 01 p00 M36 (pan hard left with a volume of hex36)

If you want to do this at the start of the song, then go to the general tab and use the sliders. Much easier.

With exception for the .mod format.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

MDCore

Thanks that's a neat tip too for when I want to do 2 things at once :)