remove fade in on song

Started by justinrpg, June 22, 2011, 04:12:59

Previous topic - Next topic

justinrpg

I am trying to modify a prebuilt module found on
http://modarchive.org/
but to complete my modification i need to remove the fade in that this module has set on it and i cannot figure it out.... so i need help on disabling the fade in... I changed several instruments as well as adding my own + I added 4 new channels with my own samples/instruments and those fade in with the song as well... i tried EVERY button under patterns and general hoping to figure out how to remove this fade in this song has and just gave up after 2 hours trying to figure it out, what is the trick on removing this stupid 'fade in'?

LPChip

It would help if you posted which song it is, rather than where to find it. The modarchive is one of the largest module collection sites.

Anyway, I suppose that your song uses Global volume effects to alter the song. In order to tell you what command it is, I need to know the type of module.

If its an .IT file (impulse tracker module), the command will either be Vxx (Set Global Volume) or Wxx (Global Volume slide). Alternatively it could be Mxx set on many channels. Mxx is used for setting the channel volume.

If you don't spot the effects at first sight, try scrolling to channels currently not visible (depends on your display resolution).
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

justinrpg

where do I find these Vxx, Wxx, Mxx commands? it is an IT file...

LPChip

In the effects column.

A channel has the following structure:

--- ..  .. ...

Example:

C-3 01 v64 D36
^^^ = note
    ^^ = instrument
       ^^^ = volume or other note effects
           ^^^ = effects column where you'll find the Mxx, Vxx, Wxx effects.

An example of what you'll see:

--- ..  .. W10
--- ..  .. W00
--- ..  .. W00
--- ..  .. W00
etc...

See all effects in the wiki
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs