anywhere I can get samples of instument sounds and such for MPT?

Started by justinrpg, June 19, 2011, 16:27:43

Previous topic - Next topic

justinrpg

just like the download in the tutorial, is there any more sample downloads of different instruments and stuff for me to use in MPT? I am interested in using other music sounds than what's in the tutorial, and/or in conjunction with the tutorial sounds... maybe in the same SGM format?

Saga Musix

Move your eyes a bit up in this forum and you'll notice a big thread about sample sites - í dunno how many of the old links still work but the Waveworld torrent is of course still available - that's more than 1 GB of useful samples of all kind.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Christofori

Agreed; spend some time searching forums like these here at OpenMPT, as well as ModArchive's forums: http://forums.modarchive.org/ before asking -- as quite likely your question may have been asked (many..) times before you came around.. ;)

Not at all to be rude here, but to point out that while there are those of us around who can help answer questions like this, they/we might not be around when you're looking for an answer... searching forums (with a little determination.. not always gonna find something with your first or second [or third... or fourth...!] set of search terms...!) pans out for me about 97% of the time.  Besides, I remember stuff I had to dig for a lot better than had it been given me by someone else. ;)

To add to the suggestions though, this site may also be of interest: http://www.archive.org/details/opensource_audio
/christofori
'slightly disturbed and wonderfully content'
*Master of the Obvious*

Harbinger

Also keep in mind that if you have VSTi's you can create your own samples using the Render function.

Consult the OHM on that.

.^o

Christofori

Quote from: Harbinger on June 20, 2011, 22:05:12
Also keep in mind that if you have VSTi's you can create your own samples using the Render function.

Bah, it doesn't auto-assign loop points for me though..! >:(
(kidding..!  I've actually become decent at doing them finally..!  Once I realized soundwaves were 3 dimensional and began looking at the 2d representation to recognize patterns in the waveform, I was on the right track.. ;) )

But yes -- thanks Harbinger!  It hadn't occured to me to render the output to sample a VSTi (though I've not yet needed/wanted to do so, which would be why) -- so kudos and props!  I might try it sooner than I would've otherwise. :)  Also, I wanted to mention a minor revision that's needed in the OHM.  Just researched a bit before making this post (to ensure my joke above wasn't going to turn into a fauxpas..) and along the way discovered a missing term (technically not a typo..) on page 78 of the OHM in the following red text:

25. Sample Loop Type: Sets the repeat mode for looping the sample. The default is , which restarts the cycle at the Loop Start when sample playback reaches the Loop End....

...just in case it hadn't been corrected already, I wanted to bring it to ya. ;)  Oh, for clarification I should state that I'm using the 1.19.1 version via a locally saved PDF copy I have on my studio system.. ^_^
/christofori
'slightly disturbed and wonderfully content'
*Master of the Obvious*