some samples/instruments not working

Started by justinrpg, June 22, 2011, 02:44:21

Previous topic - Next topic

justinrpg

there has been several cases where a loaded sample or instrument doesn't play or work when in Modplug... even though i lay the instrument number associated with that instrument in the pattern, that sound doesn't play in the module pattern even though it IS there, this is getting VERY frustrating considering the current one right now is necessary for the song, it's like it isn't there or something, it just goes by like nothing is there, the one causing this problem is instrument/sample number 7 and i have several instrument 7 labeled notes in the pattern but the playback goes by like nothing is there!

.^o

did you verify there were no 0 value volume before in channel ?
did you try with another sample/instrument ?
did you verify your sample by exporting it ?

these are the first things i think about.

LPChip

Did you make the instrument yourself?

Its possible that the instrument only has a certain range or notes assigned to samples.

The best way to look into this problem is to upload the song somewhere and post it here. We can then look into the problem for you.

May I also note something on a complete different footnote: Each problem you post here, you tell us how frustrating it is. We understand that any problem even the simple ones are frustrating to those who encounter it. We will not help you more just by mentioning it. We'll always help people the best way we can regardless how frustrating a problem is. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Quote from: LPChip on June 22, 2011, 07:18:28We understand that any problem even the simple ones are frustrating to those who encounter it. We will not help you more just by mentioning it.
Indeed. Trackers have a steep learning curve but you should also keep in mind that many people (including me) have learned all this without any forums or other internet resources available - when I first encountered a sample with a default (not global) volume of 0 i just put a volume command next to each note because I didn't know what default volume was. :D
Learning how to track (properly) in a day, or even a week or month, is simply not possible, and if you find it frustrating at a point, you shouldn't continue what you're doing but rather try again the next day. If you are frustrated, you are less likely to find the solution in the tracker.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Christofori

Quote from: Jojo on June 22, 2011, 09:00:01
If you are frustrated, you are less likely to find the solution in the tracker.

Very true; however:

Quote from: Jojo on June 22, 2011, 09:00:01
... and if you find it frustrating at a point, you shouldn't continue what you're doing but rather try again the next day.

... one could simply learn how to keep themself from feeling frustration. ;)
/christofori
'slightly disturbed and wonderfully content'
*Master of the Obvious*