Quiescence (Orchestral)

Started by Harbinger, May 12, 2011, 20:27:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Harbinger

Quiescence (Orchestral Suite)

Another early orchestral suite i wrote on paper not long after i began composing. I had written a poem with 5 themes in the summer of 1985 (according to the original MS), and the idea was to write poetry in musical form, but without actually being music. I later decided after i took to composing, to turn this into an orchestral suite.

The suite has actually seen 3 incarnations: the original work in an overly simplistic style (i had not yet learned the finer points of instrumentation and arrangement); the second MS transformed the music into an electronic suite prob. in the late 90s, but i had only gotten as far as the beginning of the 4th movement; the final metamorphosis was in the current form, back to orchestral, completely re-written but still faithfully adhering to the words of the poems, completed Oct 19, 2010. I then began the work of producing it, and it was finally recorded in toto Oct 24, 2010.

I have only done the post work for Themes 1, 3, and 4.

Here is the third movement, Les Couleurs de la Paix (Colors of Peace). A relaxing New Age treatment of classical instruments. This might make make you want to take a nap with Delius under the clouds.
Here is the fourth movement, Le Chansons de Suave (Song of 'Gentle'). A careful melodic rendering of gentleness and kindness, if they could be put into colors and translated to music.

The instrumentation is as follows:
Full string orchestra
Cymbal
1 Flute
1 Clarinet
1 Oboe
1 Fr. Horn

Please abide by my usual license: you are free to download, but keep it to yourself. Do not upload my music to another site, broadcast it in any venue except your own private home, or include it with any for-profit venture without my written permission. If you can promise me that, you're welcome to this music at no cost.

mrvegas

When I hit the play button on the Trax in Space page, I don't get any sound.  I'd like to listen -- do I have to register there? 

Harbinger

I believe so, altho i didn't set it up for online listening (it may automatic, i don't know).

The site is innocuous and i'm very happy with the folks there.

If you still can't hear it, or you absolutely don't want to register there, but you like orchestral music, send me your email address and i'll email you the mp3.