How to trigger release note in pattern?

Started by Hnicols, April 18, 2011, 01:46:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Hnicols

Hi I tried adding a 'stop note' to my pattern but it does not play the release envelope I created in the envelope editor, it just stops the note.

Thanks in advance.

LPChip

The stop note will show you a ^^ (note-cut).

To sustain a note, you'll need the == (note-off) command. I'm not exactly sure what the default key for this key is, as I'm using the IT shortcut keys. There `= note-off, 1 is note-cut. With FastTracker, this is capslock.

You can of course always look into your settings (keyboard->pattern editor note-col->note-off)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Usually you'd want to use a sustain loop instead of a release node, though.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

Also remember Release Nodes are only for volume envelopes, and only work in IT-type tracks (IT, ITP, and MPTM).

There is a pretty detailed section on Release Nodes in the Offline Help Manual.

Saga Musix

Actually Release Nodes only work in the MPTM format.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.