OpenMPT with eawpats help needed

Started by EmulationNation, April 10, 2011, 13:44:51

Previous topic - Next topic

EmulationNation

Hello.

I was wondering. Has anyone here ever used the eawpats set as a midi library?

If so, could you tell me how to import it into MPT?

Saga Musix

Right-click on the treeview item that says "MIDI Library" and choose "Import MIDI Library". Then choose the file "ULTRASND.INI" from the eawpats archive.
Before doing that, though, you might want to change the 2nd line in that file to say "PatchDir=.\" instead of "PatchDir=c:\opencp\patch".
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

EmulationNation

Okay. I've got that it can be added like you've stated.

But... now there's an issue of openmpt not recognizing the ultrasound commands. I noticed certain instruments weren't playing, so I opened the 'mptrack.ini'. I found that the 'amp', 'keep', and 'strip' commands had been marked as part of the instrument name. After manually removing them, I noticed that all the notes played, but not correctly.

How do I convert these parameters to openmpt, so that notes will play as intended?

Saga Musix

I have only recently acquired a Gravis Ultrasound so I haven't really fiddled around with the ULTRASND.INI format yet. However I haven't seen these commands in classic ULTRASND.INI files so it could be that they are just custom extension. I'll see how I could add support for them in OpenMPT. Most likely the commands would have to be ignored, since OpenMPT only stored the path to each instrument and no additional information.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.