[Futurepop] - Fool Delusions (MP3) Danceable and catchy popsong

Started by AndyLivid, March 14, 2011, 09:53:19

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyLivid

This song has darkwave/futurepop influences with the a little taste of 80's. It has two sides in mood, other tells about dark past and the other about brighter present and future. This sounds a lot different comparing to my previous stuff even there's still that familiar Andy Livid -sound hearable.

I still use the same methods making music like before. All synths, beats, basses and effects are made directly in Modplug Tracker from the one-hit- samples. I also used a lot of VST- plugin effects which can be utilized in MT. After recording the guitars and vocals, they were just imported to MT as a another tracks.

Song name: Fool Delusions
Genre: synthpop
File format: mp3
File size: 6,53 MB
Kbps: 192

Link to download:

http://www.mikseri.net/music/play.php?id=462966&type=dl

There are many other good songs made with ModPlug Tracker on my artist page:

www.mikseri.net/andylivid

Thank you!

Saga Musix

I' probably say it's rather EBM than Synthpop. Still a rather nice tune. I had the impression that it got a bit repetitive after a while, though.

BTW, I suppose this account is also yours? :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

AndyLivid

Thanks! Yeah, I change the genre to futurepop. It's somewhere between EBM and synthpop :) Good point.
That account is mine. I forgot the password and I don't have that email address anymore to get a new password.

Tony

kit beats

Thanks Andy, you really made my day, sadly it sucked really bad!

Verry Happy you shared with me... here is the hiphop remix from your She Wraith, i called it Never Left: http://snd.sc/gdKiGz
"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

(Fool Delusions)

Back in the late 80s this would have made it on the Alternative stations. Varying tempos, imperfectly mixed audio track, a mix of garage and techno...I LOVE IT! The lyrics remind me of a group called the Swans (or was it the Pixies?). The vocals remind me of Peter Wolf ("Love Will Tear It Apart"). Is this your voice? Or was it sampled from somewhere else?  In either case this is a good rendering and i intend to keep this in our listening rotation. To tell you the truth, this is the kind of track i would have (and did) put together in my youth -- though my vocal track would not have nearly been this good.

Now for the critique...

Interesting beginning, excellent stereo imaging and placement. Transitions are good, but the vocal track needs a slight increase in clarity. Bring the lead vocal to a little more mono, and put the background into a more stereo backdrop, and reduce the reverb overall, and you get a profeesional polish to it. I have no idea what any of the words are, that's how much they need help. But the overall timbre is distinctive and sometimes that's enough to carry a song.
The ending either needs to build up in layers or volume or FX if you're going to end it that suddenly; otherwise, repeat and fade. In this state, it kinda sounds as if you ran out of ideas.

Overall an excellent production and definitely worth downloading and keeping. Thank you so much for sharing your production with us! ;D

AndyLivid

Quote from: Harbinger on April 01, 2011, 18:26:36
Notes as i'm listening:

(Fool Delusions)

Back in the late 80s this would have made it on the Alternative stations. Varying tempos, imperfectly mixed audio track, a mix of garage and techno...I LOVE IT! The lyrics remind me of a group called the Swans (or was it the Pixies?). The vocals remind me of Peter Wolf ("Love Will Tear It Apart"). Is this your voice? Or was it sampled from somewhere else?  In either case this is a good rendering and i intend to keep this in our listening rotation. To tell you the truth, this is the kind of track i would have (and did) put together in my youth -- though my vocal track would not have nearly been this good.

Now for the critique...

Interesting beginning, excellent stereo imaging and placement. Transitions are good, but the vocal track needs a slight increase in clarity. Bring the lead vocal to a little more mono, and put the background into a more stereo backdrop, and reduce the reverb overall, and you get a profeesional polish to it. I have no idea what any of the words are, that's how much they need help. But the overall timbre is distinctive and sometimes that's enough to carry a song.
The ending either needs to build up in layers or volume or FX if you're going to end it that suddenly; otherwise, repeat and fade. In this state, it kinda sounds as if you ran out of ideas.

Overall an excellent production and definitely worth downloading and keeping. Thank you so much for sharing your production with us! ;D

Thanks a lot for comprehensive and interesting review!

Yes, that's me singing there, all the tracks. :)

- Andy