found a way to get sidechain available

Started by ndelay33, March 02, 2011, 10:32:29

Previous topic - Next topic

ndelay33

hi
i read on the forum, there were no answer on how to get get proper sidechain except for "compressor and hi volume on kick technique" and some microgate vst plugin
as far as i didnt realised how to use microgate plugin ) i thought i was doomed haha

but then in january a fantastic thing happened
PLUGGO
first i installed runtime drivers
http://www.dontcrack.com/freeware/downloads.php/id/3139/software/Pluggo-runtime/

then  ::) cracked version of it (obviously cycling are not working on pluggo atm - they moved to "max for live" aplications special for ableton)
i wont post links. guys from google have them  ;D
all vst should be installed into pluggo directory in program files

inside there is 2 plugins
PLUGGOBUS SEND - put it on the chanell with kick
DYNAMICAL - on the chanells with everything you want to be sidechained...

play with parametres. it works amazing and you will yourseld like flying lotus lol

have you already knew this technique?

piece !

Saga Musix

Actually if you searched a bit further, you would have found another solution, which works fine for me: SideKick can be used as a sidechain compressor in OpenMPT, and version 3 of the plugin is even free - it can be found on my website (with written consent of the author). Version 4 is shareware but it doesn't cost much (15€) and is definitely worth its money.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

Yep, we had talked about the sidechaining solutions long time ago, and we already found several solutions. SideKick example is an excellent one. In fact, i am using the version 3 to this day, from time to time, because its so easy to set up.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Rakib

I use this one here:
http://www.db-audioware.com/sidechain-compressor.html

Very easy to set up. And you can have up to 5 different "chaines" in a song at once.
^^

Harbinger

Actually this is good info. I should write it up in the OHM. It's an advanced technique for trackers that give him an extra tool in his repertoire.
Myself i use Chainer, but i hardly ever use sidechaining.

Thanks for the research.

psishock

Hmmm, not sure that we need to mention each of the better VST's own abilities as advanced techniques for trackers. We could mention then the modular routing ability, Chainer (as many of us are using that one too), or any similar. If you ask me, OHM should be about the tracker features and internal possibilities, tricks. Sidechaining archived through an external plugin is surely not OMPT's glory.

But, its your call of course. :)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Rakib

I agree with psishock. But if you want to add side chaining with vst's to the manual, maybe also add how to achieve MIDI routing with vst.
http://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=4322.0
^^

Harbinger

Since i had to pawn my only synth, i have been unable to use MIDI with MPT, and wasn't even able to get full functionality with it anyway (interface issues). My experience with MIDI is thus limited, and one ought not teach what one doesn't know.

However, routing techniques which are not automatic or intuitive are definitely what needs to be included in the OHM. After all, it took all this time for someone to find a way to work around MPT's limitations....

ndelay33

haha!
very good!
what you guys showed me is that plugins like "EnergyXT GUI" - that are "host inside a host" actually work in modplug. i always thought that cant be true for them to work and never tryed them, but i saw few plugins with same ideas
if this plugins work this be a damn perfect extension to modplug, HOPE :)

and i am searching for sidekick v3 too, thanks Jojo  8)

update: sidekick works very nice. even more functions than the pluggo compressor !