Changes to song end detection - Testers needed

Started by Saga Musix, February 11, 2011, 23:36:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

I have recently implemented a new way to determine the song length in all cases (even with patterns playing backwards and such). This mechanism is now also used for WAV export and general playback. Needless to say, that is quite a big change in the code and I'm sure there are still some bugs that want to be fixed. My biggest concern is the no loop mode (i.e. disabling the "Loop Song" check box on the general tab). I never use that mode myself, so I didn't test it very much, but I know some of you sometimes use it. So I'd like to ask you to test the current SVN version and report any inconveniences with song playback (f.e. song stopping early, song not stopping at all in no loop mode, etc...). With this rather big change, we're also quickly approaching the release of OpenMPT 1.19, so please report any other bugs you encounter as well.

Download the test version: http://sagagames.de/stuff/mptrack.exe
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

Some improvements have been made that should prevent further looping when song looping is actually disabled. Download link is the same as in the last post.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

How should this song be played? http://modarchive.org/index.php?request=view_by_moduleid&query=34654
In some players like modplug player, it played the entire song but modplug tracker doesn't doesn't. If you open the module you see why modplug is not playing all the patterns.
^^

Saga Musix

Since OpenMPT is not a player but an editor, it does not automatically advance to sub songs. So the behaviour for this tune shouldn't be any different from previous versions.